Google Translator

Recommended Links

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Castle Roombox


Here he finally is! I know that I was supposed to be making Amarus Beatrix Matilda, Grand Duchesse de Sainte Claire but somehow in amongst the feet dragging & all the procrastinations that I could think of, this is who emerged:
Amarus' father, the last of the Cathar priests or wizard depending on how you feel about Cathars.....

I have a brand new appreciation of what it means to wig & dress a doll. I can't even begin to imagine having to make Victorian clothing! He looks slightly windblown & if I had had time, I would have re-done his robes.

I'd still like to sculpt my own people. Anatomy classes are full for this year. (I figure I need all the help I can get. LOL)
Let's just say he'd good enough to take a photo of; let's just say I've learned a few things that I'd do differently next time; I'm sure there'll be a next time now that I've gotten my feet wet! Let's just say that I still hate to sew. But.....
1. I did try something new.
2. I think I did OK for a first time.
3. I'm sure there'll be a second time.

Even though my guy is going to be filed under "A" for attempt in my bottom drawer, I'm glad to have made him. I'm sure when I go through that bottom drawer at this time next year, I'll laugh at my amateurish attempts but I'm rather proud that I not only finished him but also finished by the Sept 31st deadline.

If you take anything away from reading this post, then I hope it'll be a feeling of "well, if she can do it, so can I"! It doesn't have to be a doll. Just try something you've never done before! I promise you won't regret it!

8 comments:

  1. Es un post muy esperanzador, yo creo que nunca conseguiría hacer un personaje. Este personaje tiene una cabeza y manos muy bien hechas. La expresión es perfecta para Amarus padre. Y el vestuario con ese bastón de mago me enanta. ¡Enhorabuena! Me gsutará ver tus siguientes personajes.
    Besos Clara

    ReplyDelete
  2. For a first attempt he looks marvellous. You're entitled to feel pleased with yourself. I'm very impressed with his hair and beard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think he looks great Karin! That's how I feel with my morticia doll.... she is a first attempt. I think she will probably be replaced later but I was so glad to just try something new and get a doll done.... and I learned a ton from the experience!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me gusta muchisimo como te ha quedado, mi nuevo proyecto en miniatura sera la casa de un mago y tu personaje estaria en su ambiente en la torre que quiero empezar pronto. Enhorabuena. Besos. Yolanda.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHAT????????!!!!!!! Your first time???? Karin, you did an awesome job, not just an "okay" job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karin ... this piece is not just "okay" to me. I think it is a really amazing piece. It shows 'movement', his face has a very determined and serious look and it makes me want to know the story behind the figure. It has 'character'.

    You've tried something new, you are pleased with it and you will make more ... that's a huge step forward for any artist.

    I really, really do like this little figure.
    hugs, luny xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really liked the robe. The fabric is so good and the beard is awesome :). I loved the whole actually and sorry being so very biased for the robe! :)
    Robes

    ReplyDelete

Always love hearing from you....