Google Translator

Recommended Links

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Swaps

How do you feel about swaps? Love em or hate em... they definitely get your creative juices flowing!
I'm waiting for my first swap prezzies to arrive. The theme was baby shower! I can't knit or sew so that left a few real life gifts out. Won't tell what my contributions were until I know that everyone else who participated has received theirs. But I'll let you know what I get....when I get it. Hint: one of my items was made from chenille pipe cleaners and I've got a tutorial for you to make them too.
My next swap is a "make". You have to sign up before you know what the theme is. Talk about living dangerously!!
And now I'm signed up for a circle swap whose theme is "And it came up from the basement" Must be made & posted to arrive before Halloween. So I immediately had a look in my witches file. Not much there that lives in a basement but I have an idea for either a ghost or for witch accessories. hee hee
Wanna join in too? Here's your link. Your hostess will be Ara.
I've been following Ara's Addams Family blog (she was making a doll house fit for the Addams of TV fame) for a while and when I joined the All Things Mini forum, I discovered her there as well. Well now I learned about her latest blog entitled Clue: Murder at Bentley Manor. Looking thru the comments, I noticed that one of my greatest heros, Jodi Creager is participating. OMG!!!
This lady has more sculpting talent in her little toe than most people in their entire bodies. OMG!! Hope she gets my name while at the same time hoping that I don't get hers. It'd be like a house painter giving Rembrandt a stick figure drawing as a present. Well, too late now. I've already signed up. So whoever's name I get had better be prepared for my stick figure drawing!!

On another note, remember I mentioned that I was trying to come up with a box to display my moms balcony in? I had thought that I'd have to use a dollar store gift box but it really wasn't doing much for me. Doreen suggested using a window box and I immediately rejected it as too long and not high enough. But the more I think about it, the more it grows on me! Thanks Doreen!! What a brilliant idea...even if I didn't see it right away.
If anyone wants me, I'll be at the nursery scouring the shelves for the perfect sized plant container...

1 comment:

  1. I'm in the swap too. I think it is going to be a blast. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Always love hearing from you....