Google Translator

Recommended Links

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Money Tree

DAY 2: I'd always had in mind a sort of turnip shape for the trunk and then a face that's spitting money. And so I've spent most of the night trying to figure out how to make the armature for my tree.
I know that lots of people plan things out on paper & then work from that. But I've always been a "by gosh & by golly" person.
This is what an armature for a "human being" looks like:
Those brass tubes that you see are so that hands, feet and head can be sculpted and baked separately....eliminating the possibility of having thin parts overbaked. They get "glued" back afterwards.
Now to figure out how to translate that into a "turnip" and as I intend on fleshing out and strengthening the wire with Magic Sculpt (Magic Sculpt is a two part epoxy that hardens to a rock hard finish), I'll need to add the coin in a sort of basket to hold it in place. .....I'd hate to have to grind that in order to make a change.
This is what I came up with. That clay pot is certainly large enough to handle a turnip...

1 comment:

  1. I'll be looking forward to how this turns out karin!! Looks like a fun idea!! hugs, ara

    ReplyDelete

Always love hearing from you....