Google Translator

Recommended Links

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Money Tree

DAY 11 & 12: I've been suffering with an abscessed tooth for a couple of days but let me start from the beginning.....
I took a fresh look at my tree while sipping my morning coffee and really can't say that I liked what I saw. If I'm making a tree then it should have a tree's trunk but is it too late to make another change? And how do I add leaves to the top?
If you've ever had an ongoing toothache, you'll know that it doesn't let you do much clear thinking. So off I went to my dentist's office.
My dentist works from a highrise penthouse where one entire side of the office comprises ceiling to floor glass....and my dentist loves plants! There are plants along the windows and plants on top of each wall divider. He even has a 6ft tall Jade plant that gets strung with Christmas lights at this time of year.
Now I don't know about you but I've often wished that dentists would have pictures on their ceilings above the chair so you'd have something to look at. But with my dentist, while I'm worrying at my tooth and about my leaf problem, I'm looking out the window and at the plants ...and that's when it hit me: leaves aren't attached to trees. Leaf stems are!
So as soon as I got home, the first thing I did was turn my tree body into a tree trunk.

I also cut off the arms, leaving just stubs on which to reattach my leaf stems at a later date. I think I've kept the tree's "human" qualities while ensuring it has an arboretum look.
Hopefully nothing goes wrong during baking. It's the first time I've used the Magic Sculpt. Since I use my kitchen oven for both, I'll have to wait until after supper so we're not eating clay fumes. Wish me luck....

3 comments:

  1. You are just TOO talented girlfriend! I love it.

    Merry Christmas~
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karin, he is coming along fabulously! I look forward to watching him come to life.

    ReplyDelete

Always love hearing from you....